8.29.2012

Nails done: Aloha `oe, aloha `oe

Aloha `oe, aloha `oe
E ke onaona noho i ka lipo
One fond embrace,
A ho`i a`e au
Until we meet again
Translation:


Farewell to you, farewell to you
The charming one who dwells in the shaded bowers
One fond embrace,
'Ere I depart
Until we meet again


 So by the title you could already tell that this was my sort of Hawaiian tropical theme.  I recently found an old outfits and leis in my closest that was from when I use to do Polynesian dancing with my Auntie Bennett when I was eight years old.  Gosh that was so long ago!  haha let's leave those kiddie pictures of me off the net LOL. 

It began bringing back memories of traveling and how beautiful the islands were.  From Hawaii to Guam to the Philippines.  Cherish the memories you have.
Nail Polishes Used:
  • Hedy's Ma.nish.ma - Bolts of Blue
  • China Glaze - Aquadelic
  • Color Club - Soft as Cashmere
  • Color Club - Positively Posh
  • Ulta - The Jungle Look
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Lacey Lilac
  • Wet n Wild Megalast Color - Tropicalia
The rest that was used were acrylic paints.
My ring finger was suppose to be the humuhumunukunukuapua'a, also known as a reef trigger fish, that is a native to the Hawaiian islands.  
From GoHawaii.about.com
I honestly need to practice my hibiscus more.  The one I did on this was my first time doing it.  So practice makes perfect.  

Either way I loved how this nail look came out.  It was fun and different from what I normally do.  I rarely go for different nail art pictures on every finger.  
Yup I have fake nails on!  I am actually enjoying using fake nails at the moment.  I loved how the volcano image came out.  I think it was honestly my favorite nail out of all of them.  I was inspired by a Discovery Channel show my family and I were watching one day.  As soon as I started thinking of tropical Hawaiian theme, I knew I just had to do a volcano.

What was the last item that inspired you?  

Hope you enjoyed this little post, and thank you for reading my blog <3